What do I do once I'm ready to file a complaint?
Collect the information you will need to provide in your complaint:
- Your name, address and telephone number.
- The name and address of the bank involved in your complaint
- The names of those you dealt with at the bank, including dates.
- A detailed description of your complaint. Do not include original documentation.
- Fax your complaint to 877-888-2520
- Mail your complaint to:
Federal Reserve Consumer Help
PO Box 1200
Minneapolis, MN 55480
We will review your complaint and respond to you within 15 business days. Our response will tell you the federal regulator or Reserve Bank that will be investigating your complaint.
If you need assistance with filing a complaint, please call us toll free at 888-851-1920 (TTY: 877-766-8533) 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST.
If you have questions regarding the status of your complaint, please call the federal regulator or Reserve Bank identified in our acknowledgment to your complaint.
If you have questions about how we handle complaints, please view the Federal Reserve Consumer Complaint Process
If you still have questions, contact us by email or phone at 888-851-1920 (TTY: 877-766-8533).